Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Gellin' to Prevent Kvelling*

If you've gone out bar hopping with me on a Saturday night, chances are I've either begged you to swap shoes with me or you've listened to me bitch about how painful my feet are. Well, pahkcah02's had enough and called for re-inforcements: Dr. Scholl's. Yes, loyal readers, Dr. Scholl's aren't just for old ladies suffering from corns. It turns out they're also for whiney 28 year old women who would rather vote Democrat than buy sensible shoes.

In other shoe news, how effing cute are these?



I've been eyeing them at Aldo since September. After staring and smiling at them for a good 10 minutes at the Palisades Mall this weekend, the Troll got fed up and asked me why "I didn't just [expletive] [expletive] buy them??". (Disclaimer: the Troll teaches English to immigrant children for a living.) As beautiful as they are, I couldn't bring myself to pay full retail plus 8% NY sales tax on them.

Rather than trek to the South Shore Plaza only to wimp out from buying them for the fourth time, I committed total time theft at work and perused aldoshoes.com. Since I am now BFF's with online shopping, here's how it works: before you buy ANYTHING, Google to see if there is a coupon code. For example, by taking 9 seconds to Google "Aldo Coupon Code", I saved 15% and got free shipping. I also saved $2 on my Dr. Scholl's. It doesn't always work but it's always worth the effort.



*Kvelling: Yiddish word that means "dying" but in the figuritive sense. Eg: I was kvelling when I heard that it was going to be 103 and humid.

2 comments:

Fun and Fearless in Beantown said...

Ah, where to start with this blog? I am obsessed with Dr. Scholls and they have great one for those strappy sandals you may or may not want to wear at the Cape and then force me to switch shoes with you ;-)

The new shoes are cute and would look fab with leggings and a shift dress! Thanks again for lessons in Judaism.

xoxo

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

Those are some awesome looking boots. Are Western Boots making a comeback?