Restaurant: Not Your Average Joe's
Address: 16 Mazzeo Drive, Randolph, MA (other locations throughout MA)
Website: www.notyouraveragejoes.com
Rating: A-
When there's a 20 minute wait on a Wednesday night for a restaurant located in a Randolph strip mall, you know that you've found something special. Somewhat under-rated, the Not Your Average Joe's chain offers food as eclectic as what you'd expect to find in a Back Bay bistro with prices more in line with a neighborhood Applebee's.
Our attentive waitress immediately greeted us by taking our drink order and kept the Diet Cokes coming all night. We started off with a huge basket of Joe's ciabatta bread with an addictive parmesan olive oil dip. I then dove into the massive Not Your Average Chicken Oscar which featured two good size boneless chicken breasts layered over rice pilaf and topped with asparagus, scallops, artichoke hearts, shrimp, and a creamy garlic sauce. I ended up taking half of it home. Two of my friends ended up getting the same meal while A dared to try the Mustard-Crusted Chicken. Joe's was more than willing to accomodate her by swapping out mashed potatoes for pasta.
Still stuffed from dinner we took a pass on dessert. Next time I'll be cautious to cool it with the ciabatta bread so I can try the Peanut Butter Thing. The menu describes it as Joe’s claim to fame – peanut butter and chocolate chunks folded into vanilla ice cream and rolled in oreo cookie crumbs, topped with fresh whipped cream and drizzled with hot chocolate and caramel sauces tableside. Not a bad way to end a completely decadent meal.
The Not Your Average Joe's in Randolph is located on Mazzeo Drive (Route 139) a little past the Randolph cinema. If dinner and a movie is your thing, that Joe's location sells discounted movie passes for the nearby Showcase. There are over a dozen Joe's restaurants throughout suburban eastern Mass.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I've been to the Joe's in Waterown Sq and I thought it was good.
For movies my favorite place to go is Loring Hall in Hingham it's small and like an old fashioned theatre.
Post a Comment