Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Chain Invasion

Rumor has it that Virginia-based burger chain Five Guys is dropping anchor on the Dedham Mall on Route 1. I ate at Five Guys in Maryland and didn't particularly care for it although their french fries have somewhat of a cult following. 5 Guys joins the Dedham Mall Chipotle in the new to New England chain restaurant club.

Personally, I'd like the Southerners keep their 5 Guys/Sonic/CiCi's/Waffle Houses far away from New England soil. Any independent diner can make food far better than these national conglomerates, plus they'll have clam chowder on the menu. However, since a little variety never hurt anyone I'm down for opening a couple dozen Chick-Fil-A's. The fact that their spokesman is a cow asking us to eat more chicken is flat out amusing.

2 comments:

flutterbyblue said...

Lol! I'm TOTALLY with you on the Chick-Fil-A! I had my first bite at the airport in Philly -- and it was DELISH!

Anonymous said...

hey hey don't knock waffle house. everyone needs a little grease now and then